Setting up two-factor authentication 2fa
25 Apr 2019
This article will show you how to secure your Copytip account by using an Authenticator app to set up Two-factor Authentication (2FA) for specific account actions.
An Authenticator app is an app that generates 2FA codes that can be used as an additional security requirement to log in your Copytip account. An Authenticator app generates a dynamic 6-8 digit one-time password (OTP) that is required in addition to your username and password when singing in.
We recommend using Google Authenticator.
How to set up an Authenticator app for Two-factor Authentication(2FA)?
- Sign in your Copytip account.
- Go to your Profile and click on the "Security" tab.
- Click the "ON/OFF" dial of 2FA setting.
- Open the Authenticator app on your device and either scan the QR code provided, or manually enter the secret code.
- Enter the numeric code that appears in the Authenticator app, and click the “Enable” button.
- Congratulations, you have secured your Copytip account! You have successfully used an Authenticator app to set up 2FA for "Sign in"